National Conservation Council – Members
The membership of the Council is established in Schedule 2 to the National Conservation Law, and consists of five statutory voting members, representing the Departments of Environment, Planning, and Agriculture, plus a voting member representing the National Trust for the Cayman Islands; and eight voting members appointed by the Cabinet, of which at least four must have relevant scientific or technical expertise. The Cabinet also appoints the Council’s Chair, who holds a casting vote only, and the Council appoints its non-voting Secretary.
Council members serve two-year terms and are eligible for reappointment. The first Council was appointed in 2014 and all the current Council were appointed in 2021 until 2023.
Chair: McFarlane Conolly
Statutory Government Appointees:
- Gina Ebanks-Petrie, Director, Department of Environment
- Timothy Austin, Deputy Director, Department of Environment
- Adrian Estwick, Director, Department of Agriculture
- Richard Mileham, on behalf of the Planning Department Director
- Frank Roulstone, Director, National Trust for the Cayman Islands.
- Jessica Harvey
- Lisa Hurlston-McKenzie
- Edward Chisholm
- Pierre Foster
- Harrison Bothwell
- Patricia Bradley
- Stuart Mailer
Secretary: John Bothwell