National Conservation Council – Members
The membership of the Council is established in Schedule 2 to the National Conservation Law, and consists of five statutory voting members, representing the Departments of Environment, Planning, and Agriculture, plus a voting member representing the National Trust for the Cayman Islands; and eight voting members appointed by the Cabinet, of which at least four must have relevant scientific or technical expertise. The Cabinet also appoints the Council’s Chair, who holds a casting vote only, and the Council appoints its non-voting Secretary.
Council members serve two year terms and are eligible for reappointment. The first Council was appointed in 2014 and all the current Council were appointed in 2021 until 2023.
Chair: McFarlane Conolly
Statutory Government Appointees:
- Gina Ebanks-Petrie, director, Department of Environment
- Timothy Austin, deputy director, Department of Environment
- Adrian Estwick, director, Department of Agriculture
- Marco Whittaker, on behalf of the Planning Department director
- Annick Jackman, director, National Trust of the Cayman Islands.
- Jessica Harvey
- Lisa Hurlston-McKenzie
- Edward Chisholm
- Pierre Foster
- Harrison Bothwell
- Patricia Bradley
- Stuart Mailer
Secretary: John Bothwell