National Conservation Council – Members
The membership of the Council is established in Schedule 2 to the National Conservation Law, and consists of five statutory voting members, representing the Departments of Environment, Planning, and Agriculture, plus a voting member representing the National Trust for the Cayman Islands; and eight voting members appointed by the Cabinet, of which at least four must have relevant scientific or technical expertise. The Cabinet also appoints the Council’s Chair, who holds a casting vote only, and the Council appoints its non-voting Secretary.
Council members serve two year terms and are eligible for reappointment. The first Council was appointed in 2014 and all members were reappointed in 2016 and 2018.
Chair: McFarlane Conolly
Statutory Government Appointees:
- Gina Ebanks-Petrie, director, Department of Environment
- Timothy Austin, deputy director, Department of Environment
- Adrian Estwick, director, Department of Agriculture
- Colleen Stoetzel, on behalf of the Planning Department director
- Nadia Hardie, director, National Trust of the Cayman Islands.
- Patricia Bradley
- Frederic Burton
- Franklin Thompson
- Lisa Hurlston-McKenzie
- Dominic Oliver Williams
- Edward Chisholm
- Pedro Lazzari
Secretary: John Bothwell